Q: Do I need to register on your site to book tickets?
A: No. You can use our service fully without the need to register. You just need to provide your details at the time of booking.
Q: What if the car doesn't show up?
A: In case the vehicle you booked doesn't show up, we will offer you a full refund immediately.
Q: What if the car shows up late?
A: We try our best to ensure our partners reach our customers on time. But in case of delays, do call us and we will help you out by either providing an alternate vehicle or giving you a full refund.
Peak Time Charge
Before knowing about OLA’s peak time charge, it is important for you to know how OLA works.
OLA’s business model
OLA is an online marketplace for drivers.
These drivers are independent and they are either self-employed (own their commercial vehicles), or work for an Operator who owns multiple cars.
Like you have an OLA app on your smart phone to book a cab, these drivers have a similar Driver mobile App on their smart phones. We activate the Driver app after a thorough check of authenticity and conducting due diligence of the commercial & personal papers of the driver & operator. These drivers decide their own time to login to the OLA application and accept requests for rides from customers. They may choose to remain logged out of the system as per their convenience.
Q: What is OLA’s peak time charge?
OLA peak time charge is a fare-rationalizing rule of using a multiplier X or a flat surcharge to the standard fares causing the fare to be higher than the standard fare during certain times the day; i.e. if X is 1.2 during some point of time then the standard fare will be multiplied by 1.2 to get the final fare.
Q: Why is there a need to apply a surcharge to my standard fare?
OLA being a marketplace doesn’t control the number of vehicles online on its system/platform; drivers & operators are independent & work as per their convenience. During a normal day when demand & supply are met, there is no need to put an extra effort to pull the supply side of vehicles.
OLA has observed that during certain times of the day, when more traffic is on road, routine drivers tend to log out of the system to suit their convenience as there is no incentive for them to put an extra effort. Similarly, when demand suddenly increases, not enough drivers might be available on the road. Customers might be inconvenienced by not being able to find cabs during such times.
As a system/solutions provider OLA has limited options to motivate the drivers and cater to the high demand timings & scenarios. OLA has observed that the drivers are very sensitive to little extra earnings for their extra effort to stay logged in to our system.
OLA applies an X multiplier or flat surcharge to the normal fare based on various situations and scenarios like place of pickup, time of pickup, type of vehicle, demand situation, supply scenario etc. Using advanced analytics, unique algorithm, past ride experiences etc. the OLA software calculates an appropriate surcharge to apply over and above the normal fare. This enables OLA to come up with appropriate incentives to drivers to make them stay logged in to the system for the additional earnings. This enables customers to get their much needed service even during peak times when demand for cabs is high.
The peak time surcharge works in two ways
a) It motivates drivers to stay & serve for a longer time even during difficult hours of the day and when demand is high.
b) It filters out the less needed rides hence making the vehicle available to those who really need a cab.
OLA is transparent about the rates. OLA makes sure that customers are aware of the dynamics of peak time charge and how it works. Whenever peak time charge is applicable; customers get a clear intimation, to confirm their intent to avail the ride at a higher price than normal. The booking process is initiated only when they confirm; hence, if a customer wants to avoid that ride he/she may choose to do it, thus making the cab available to others who are in need.
Please click on below link for Ola Share Terms and Conditions :
Ola Share TNC
Please click on below link for Share Pass Terms and Conditions :
Share Pass TNC
Please click on below link for Ola Pass Terms and Conditions :
Ola Pass TNC
Please click on below link for Ola Select Terms and Conditions :
Ola Select TNC
Please click on below link for Ola Credit Terms and Conditions :
Ola Credit TNC
USER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) apply to Your access to, and use of the Application (defined
hereinbelow). The Application is operated by ANI Technologies Private Limited ,and its subsidiaries,
associates, licensees, and affiliated companies (“ANI”).
You acknowledge that ANI is providing you with a revocabale license to use limited features of the
Application and is not selling the Application or any features or technologies contained therein.
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”) and rules
thereunder as applicable and the provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as
amended by the IT Act. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require
any physical or digital signatures.
By continuing usage of the Application, You are consenting to be bound by these T&Cs. PLEASE
ENSURE THAT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL THESE T&Cs BEFORE YOU USE THE
APPLICATION AND FEATURES CONTAINED THEREIN. If You find any of the T&Cs unacceptable, do
not tender your acceptance to use the Application or avail any of its features. YOUR AGREEMENT TO
THESE T&Cs SHALL OPERATE AS A BINDING AND LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE AGREEMENT
BETWEEN YOU AND ANI IN RESPECT OF THE FEATURES OFFERED/AVAILED USING THE
All of the defined and capitalized terms in these T&Cs will have the meaning assigned to them here below:
refers to the User’s account on the mobile application OLA CABS enabling the use of
the Application by the User.
shall mean and include all applicable statutes, enactments, acts of
legislature or parliament, laws, ordinances, rules, by-laws, regulations, notifications, guidelines,
policies, directions, directives and orders of any governmental authority, tribunal, board, or a court
shall mean the feature/category-icon “Carpool” within the mobile
application “OLA CABS” and shall mean and include any updates provided by ANI from time to
shall mean the offer of, and acceptance, by the Traveller (defined hereinbelow)
and the Co-Traveller (defined hereinbelow) respectively to share the same Vehicle for the
purposes of transportation to and from mutually agreed locations on the Application.
shall mean such User who accepts an offer by the Traveller (defined
hereinbelow) for transportation in his Vehicle (defined hereinbelow) to and from mutually agreed
locations on the Application.
shall mean a closed group of like-minded people created by the Users who
agree to be part of the same group for the purposes of Car-pooling. The Custom Group shall be
called [please insert] on the Application.
shall mean the estimated time of arrival of the Vehicle, at the pick up point of the Co-
Traveller, provided by ANI before the Ride, which may change from time to time.
shall mean the estimated travel time of the Ride, provided by ANI during the Ride, which
may change from time to time.
shall include such Users who do not wish to carry on Car-pooling within a Custom
Group and are willing to be grouped together and are grouped together with other similar Users
by ANI for the purposes of Car-pooling.
shall mean and may include the present, valid, true and accurate name,
Email ID, age and such other information as may be required by ANI from time to time, provided
by the Users at the time of registration on the mobile application OLA CABS or otherwise.
shall mean the journey to and from the mutually agreed locations on the Application, by
and between the Traveller and the Co-Traveller.
shall mean such User who offers to share his Vehicle with other Users for facilitating
transportation to and from mutually agreed locations on the Application.
shall mean persons who have created an Account and use the Application.
shall mean a motorcar as defined under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, which is owned
and registered in the name of the Traveller.
"You", “Your" or “Yourself”
shall mean reference to the User accessing the Application.
Any reference to the singular includes a reference to the plural and vice versa, unless explicitly
provided for otherwise; and any reference to the masculine includes a reference to the feminine
and vice versa.
Headings and captions are used for convenience only and will not affect the interpretation of the
Any reference to a natural person will, unless repugnant to the context, include his legal heirs,
executors and permitted assignees. Similarly, any reference to a juristic person such as ANI will,
unless repugnant to the context, include its affiliates, successors and permitted assignees.
You will be "Eligible" to use the Application only when You fulfill all of the following conditions:
- You have attained at least 18 (eighteen) years of age.
- You are competent to enter into a contract under the Applicable Laws.
- You have no criminal antecedents and have never been convicted of any criminal offence in India.
- You do not have any criminal proceedings pending against You in any courts in India.
You may avail the services on the Application only if You fulfill the conditions as mentioned in
3.1.1 to 3.1.4 above. If You are not Eligible, please abandon any and all attempts to register
or use the Application. By continuing usage of the Application, you represent and warrant to
ANI that you satisfy the eligibility criteria listed above in clause 3.1.
To use the Application You shall be required to update your User profile with details as requested
at the time of sign up which may include without limitation personal information as well as
personal login information and vehicle details.
You acknowledge that We rely completely on the information provided by You and We shall not
be held liable if You or anyone who uses Your Account to access the Application is not Eligible to
use the same. ANI shall not be responsible for any authenticity of the information provided by the
User for use of the Application.
You shall not impersonate someone else or provide account information, an email address,
mobile number, vehicle details or any other information that is not Your own. We shall bear no
liability for false, incomplete, old or incorrect information provided by You.
It is Your responsibility to check and ensure that You download the correct Application for Your
device. We are not liable if You do not have a compatible mobile device or if You have not
downloaded the updated version or if You have downloaded a wrong version of the Application
for Your mobile device.
You will not assign or otherwise transfer Your Account to any third party.
In case of any unauthorized use of Your Account, You are to bring the same to Our notice promptly. In the event of such unauthorized use, please immediately reach Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case, You are unable to access Your Account, please inform Us at email@example.com and
make a written request for blocking Your Account. We will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions made through Your Account
prior to the expiry of 72 (seventy two) hours after You have made a request in writing for blocking Your Account except in case
of Force Majeure events which are beyond Our reasonable control.
IV. Booking process
The Traveller may offer to share his Vehicle with other Users on the Application and the Traveller shall share his point of origin and destination for the Ride for the said purpose.
The Co-Traveller may place a request for a Traveller on the Application by providing his point of origin and destination for the desired Ride.
The Application shall through technologically automated means connect Travellers and Co-Travellers having common or close points of origin and destinations for a Ride.
ANI shall share the necessary details of the Traveller and the Co-Traveller with the other party so connected through the
Application and the Co-Traveller shall have the option of accepting or rejecting the offer placed by the Traveller for the Ride
between the desired points of origin and destination, until the Ride begins.
Only one 1 (one) Co-Traveller shall be allowed along with a Traveller in one Ride.
V. Non-Commercial Activity
The purpose of the Application is strictly limited to facilitating sharing of Vehicles between Travellers and Co-travellers
for a Ride. The Application shall under no circumstances be used to offer or accept Car-pooling services for hire or reward or
profit or any commercial or professional benefit. The Application is only a communication platform intended to connect Travellers
with Co-travellers en-route the Traveller’s destination point.
You agree not to demand any reward or make profit in any form, from any Ride.
You shall not offer any services whatsoever including without limitation package deliveries, additional drop-offs and pick-ups
of any other person en-route the destination or at any other point during the Ride.
VI. Users Obligations
- You may place a request with respect to Car-pooling only through the Application.
- You understand and undertake that the use of the Application is only for Your exclusive purpose. You shall not be allowed to
offer/request/accept rides on behalf of others under any circumstances whatsoever.
- You are expected not to change drop locations once the Ride is confirmed.
- You are expected to (a) behave in a disciplined and decent manner; (b) refrain from disturbing, misbehaving with each other,
or in any other manner adversely affecting the quality of the Ride.
- You are expected to avoid talking loudly over the phone.
- You are expected not to use foul language in the Vehicle.
- You are expected not to share Your personal information with each other. You maintain decorum and refrain from indulging in
heated discussions or debate(s) with each other.
- You are expected to avoid getting personal or overtly friendly with each other.
- You are expected not to consume eatables (including alcohol or any other intoxicating beverages) in the Vehicle.
- You are expected to keep Your belongings with You only.
- You shall not carry your pets or any other animal(s) in the Vehicle.
The Traveller shall ensure that:
- he maintains his Vehicle in a good condition and is not under the influence of alcohol or any kind of drugs at the
time of raising request for Car-pooling.
- he endeavors to arrive at the Co-Travellers pick-up point on or before the ETA and shall also endeavor to drop the
Co-Traveller at his/her destination point on or before ETT.
- he complies with all applicable traffic laws at all times during the Ride.
The Co-Traveller shall ensure that the Vehicle assigned to him in the manner provided in the T&Cs bears the same registration
number and the registration details specified to the Co-Traveller through the Application and/or SMS.
The Co-Traveller acknowledges that there may be a delay in reaching the destination, depending upon the traffic situation and owing to certain unavoidable circumstances.
Women Users are advised to use their own prudence in offering or accepting a Ride on the Application as ANI cannot guarantee the authenticity of the data shared by other Users.
Women Users are advised to share the ride details with family, friends, relatives or any such other person which such User may
deem fit. The Application contains necessary features to enable such Users to share the details of their Ride.
We will take every reasonable effort not to share any of trip details, Registration Data or other personal information
(collectively, "Personal Information") You provide Us, except as required under any Applicable Law, or to the limited
at www.olacabs.com) for further details regarding the use of Your Personal Information. We will bear no liability for the
consequences in any event where Your Personal Information has been willingly or inadvertently shared by You with any third party.
You acknowledge that the information made available by You on the Application, including location data, may be accessible to certain other users of the Application.
You hereby expressly consent to receive communications from Us through Your registered phone number and/or e-mail ID. You
consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls and/ or SMS notifications. You agree that any communication so received by You
from Us will not amount to spam, unsolicited communication or a violation of Your registration on the national do not call registry.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Registration Data and will be liable for all activities
and transactions that occur through Your Account and the Application, whether initiated by You or any third party. The password
and other details of the Account should not be shared with any third party. Your Account is non-transferable and is not capable of
being sold to a third party. We shall not be liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of someone else using Your password or Account, either with or without Your knowledge.
You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Application or any network connected to the Application nor breach
the security or authentication measures on the Application or any network connected to the Application. You may not reverse
look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other User of the Application, or any other customer of ANI, including
any of ANIs account not owned by You, to its source, or exploit the Applicaion or any service or information made available or
offered by or through the Application, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to
personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Application.
You agree that You will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure
of the Application or ANIs systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Application.
You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal
You send to ANI on or through the Application or any service offered on or through the Application. You may not pretend that
You are, or that You represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
You may not use the Application or any content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these T&Cs, or to solicit
the performance of any illegal activity or other activity that infringes the rights of ANI or others.
You shall not use the Application in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, block or impair any of the server
connected to the Application. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the services through hacking, password mining or any other means.
You may not reverse engineer, decompile and disassemble any software used to provide the services on the Application.
You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about ANI or the brand name or domain
name used by ANI or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of ANI or its merchants
on platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any of ANIs trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such
trade or service marks, trade name as may be owned or used by ANI.
You shall not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Users of the Application to buy or sell any products or services,
including, but not limited to, services related being displayed on or related to the Application. It shall be a violation of these
T&Cs to use any information obtained from the Application in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact,
advertise to, solicit, or sell to another person outside of the Application without ANIs prior explicit consent. In order to protect
ANIs Users from such advertising or solicitation, ANI reserves the right to restrict the number of messages or emails which a
User may send to other Users in any 24-hour period which ANI may deem appropriate in its sole discretion.
You understand that ANI has the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing
information or materials on the Application) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request. This may
include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with investigation of alleged illegal activity or solicitation
of illegal activity or in response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, ANI can (and You hereby expressly authorize Us to)
disclose any information about You to law enforcement or other government officials, as ANI, in its sole discretion, believes
necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, third party advertisers found on or through
the Application, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations
associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such third party advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss
or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third party advertisers on the Application.
ANI shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to Your involvement/participation in any
way on Your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
VIII. Intellectual Property
- All trademarks, brands and service marks used in connection with the Application and/or feature(s) offered are owned by ANI
and is ANI’s property; ANI owns all copyrights and intellectual property rights and database rights in connection with the Application.
For use of any third party's intellectual property, You need to get permission directly from the owner of the intellectual property
for any use. Third party trademarks may appear on this Application and all rights therein are reserved to the registered owners of those trademarks.
- You agree to abide by laws pertaining to copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret ownership and use of intellectual property,
and You shall be solely responsible for any violations of any Applicable Laws and for any infringements of any intellectual property
rights caused by use of the interface/Application.
- Except as expressly provided in these T&Cs, no part of the Application and no Content may be copied, reproduced, republished,
uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including "mirroring") to any other
computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without Our express prior written consent.
- You may use information that has been made available by Us for downloading from the Application, provided You:
- do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents; or
- use such information only for Your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media; or
- make no modifications to any such information; or
- do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
IX. Termination and Suspension of the Account
- We reserve the right to modify, terminate or suspend the Application at any time without prior notice due to any changes in
internal policy or the Applicable Laws or any breach of these T&Cs by You or for any reason whatsoever.
- You may terminate Your Account by submitting a request to Us at [insert e-mail id] We will make every effort to respond to
Your request for termination at the earliest. You will remain responsible for all activities that occurred prior to termination of Your Account.
- Further, We shall also reserve the right to suspend Your Account without any notice to You in the event ANI suspects that
Your account is being used in a manner so as to cause nuisance or prejudice ANI or any other persons in a fraudulent manner.
X. Limitation of Liability & Indemnity
- All or any direct or indirect liability arising out of or in connection with the Ride and/or as a consequence of misuse of
the application, delays caused to a User, losses (financial and otherwise), injury or death occurring during the Ride shall be the
sole responsibility of the Users. ANI shall not be a party to any dispute and/or claims arising in connection with the Ride offered
and availed through the Application. It is re-iterated here that ANI is acting merely as a facilitator and is not privy to any contract
/ agreement amongst and between the Users. Further, any loss to a User or any other person caused due to reasons such as fraudulent
practices, negligence, impersonation, rash & negligent driving, traffic rules violation of any User shall in no manner, whatsoever,
make ANI liable and the same shall be the sole responsibility of the concerned User.
- You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless ANI, each of its affiliate(s) (and its respective employees, directors, agents
and representatives) and any person determined by ANI from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, damages, judgments, penalties,
interest and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of any Claim that arises out of or relates to the use or
misuse of the Application or any violation of these T&Cs. For purposes hereof: "Claim" means any claim, action, audit, investigation,
inquiry or other proceeding instituted by a person or entity.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTES WITH US IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANI BE LIABLE FOR
ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THESE T &Cs, INCLUDING LOSS , ONWARD JOURNEY,
PERSONAL INJURY, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OUR ARISING
OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED INR 1000/- (RUPESS ONE THOUSAND ONLY).
- Except for Our limited role as facilitator of Car-pooling between the Traveller and Co-Traveller, We are not involved in
any understanding between You and any other User or other third parties. We shall not be liable for the quality, safety, reliability,
legality, delivery or any other related or connect matter with the Rides resulting from Car-pooling.
- Your use of the Application is at Your own risk. The Application and/or its features are provided on an "as is" and "as available"
basis. We do not guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the Application, including the availability or otherwise
of the features forming part of the Application at any particular location or time. We disclaim all warranties of any kind whether
express or implied including without limitation, any representation or warranty for accuracy, availability, continuity, uninterrupted
access, timeliness, sequence, quality, performance, security, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, non-infringement
or completeness. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, We do not warrant that:
- This Application will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this Application is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading; or
- This Application; information, Content, materials, product (including software) or services included on or otherwise
made available to You through the Application; their servers; or electronic communication sent from Us are free of viruses or other harmful components; or
- Content on the Application constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind;
- ANI shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused or suffered by the User/s arising out of Rides
resulting from Car-pooling including but not limited to any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
The Ride, and any claim resulting from the same, requested through the Application, remains the responsibility of the respective
Users against whom the claim is made and ANI shall not be liable for any conduct of any of the Users using the Application.
- ANI is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Application. You are solely responsible
for Your interactions with other Users, whether Travellers or Co-Travellers. You acknowledge that ANI is not responsible for the
acts or omissions of any User whatsoever.
- We do not authorize anyone to make a warranty on Our behalf and You may not rely on any such statement of warranty as a warranty by Us.
- ANI and its representatives, officers, employees, agents and contractors shall not be liable for any loss, damage, claim,
expense, cost (including legal costs) or liability arising directly or indirectly from Your use or non-use of the Application, or
Your reliance upon the information contained in the Application (whether arising from ANI or any other person's negligence or otherwise).
XII. Notices and communication
- Any notice or notification in relation to these T&Cs which You wish to make to Us must be made in writing to:
Attn: Team Carpool
Address: 4th Floor, Cherry Hills Building, Embassy Golf Links Business Park, Koramangala Inner Ring Road, Domlur, Bangalore 560071
- All Your communication with Us will be of a professional nature only. You will not contact Us to harass, intimidate or threaten any person, or to promote any cause, which You may support.
XIII. Force Majeure
- We shall not be liable for any failure to perform any obligations under this T&Cs, if the performance is prevented, hindered
or delayed by a Force Majeure event and in such case its obligations shall be suspended for so long as the Force Majeure Event continues.
- For the Purpose of this clause “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event arising due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of ANI.
Our failure, delay or omission to exercise or enforce any rights or provisions of these T&Cs will not constitute a waiver of such
rights or provisions. A waiver on any one occasion will not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future
occasions. Any claim in relation to the Application or T&Cs should be filed within 3 (Three) months from when the cause of action
arose. Any claims filed beyond this time period shall be barred.
XV. Amendment of T&Cs
- We reserve the right to change any of the T&Cs or any policies or guidelines governing the Application or any features
attached to the Application, at any time and at Our sole discretion. Any changes will be effective upon posting of the
amendments/modifications on the Application and We may send You an automated e-mail to Your email-ID informing about such changes.
- Unless otherwise specified by Us, amended T&Cs will take effect automatically and be binding from the day they are posted on
the Application. By continuing to access or use the Application or any features attached to it, You will be deemed to have agreed
to accept and be bound by such amended T&Cs. If You do not agree to the amended T&Cs, You should discontinue accessing Our Application
and/or its features immediately. As long as You comply with these T&Cs, We grant You a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable,
limited privilege to enter and use the Application and related features.
If any part of these T&Cs is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to the Applicable Laws then the invalid or unenforceable
provisions will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision
and the remainder of these T&Cs will continue in effect.
XVII. Entire Agreement
These T&Cs constitute the entire agreement between the User and ANI with respect to ANIs services and it supersedes all prior or
contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the User and ANI with respect to this
service. A printed version of the T&C and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative
proceedings based upon or relating to the T&C to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and
records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
XVIII. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out or in connection with the use of the Application and/or its features or
relating to these T&Cs and interpretations thereof or the validity, interpretation, breach or termination thereof (“Dispute”),
including claims seeking redress or asserting rights under the Applicable Law shall be amicably settled through mutual consultation
and escalation at such offices of ANI as ANI may designate. If the Dispute is not settled amicably as aforesaid within a period of
14 (Fourteen) calendar days, the matter would be referred to arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration and
Conciliation Act, 1996. Arbitration shall be presided over by a sole arbitrator mutually appointed by Us and the User.
- The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in the English language. The venue for the arbitration proceedings shall be Bangalore.
- These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. We and You agree and undertake that any
controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these T&Cs will be adjudicated exclusively before a competent court in Bangalore, India only.
Please click on below link for Ola Shuttle Terms and Conditions :
Ola Shuttle TNC
Please click on below link for Ola Pedal Terms and Conditions :
Ola Pedal TNC
- In Micro/Mini/Prime/Sedan/Suv/Luxury/Rental and Auto
Cancellation fee will be charged :
- If you cancel after 5 minutes after the cab is allotted or
- If a driver cancels after waiting at your location for more than 5 minutes
- You will not be charged a cancellation fee if the driver is delayed by more than 5 minutes
- Cancellation fee will be added to the bill amount of your next ride.
- In Share
Cancellation fee will be charged :
- If you cancel after 2 minutes after the cab is allotted or
- If a driver cancels after waiting at your location for more than 3 minutes
- You will not be charged a cancellation fee if the driver is delayed by more than 5 minutes
- Cancellation fee will be added to the bill amount of your next ride.
- In Outstation
Cancellation fee will be charged :
- If you cancel after 5 minutes after the cab is allotted
- Cancellation fee will be added to the bill amount of your next ride.
Olacabs Terms and Conditions
Please click on below link for Ola Terms and Conditions :
Offer Specific Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: 7th OCT 2015
These general terms & conditions of offer ("General Offer Terms") shall constitute a legally binding and enforceable contract
between the Customer availing the Offer ("Customer(s)/ You/ Your") and ANI Technologies Private Limited ("OLA"). You are not
bound in any way to participate in the Offer. By availing the Offer, You unequivocally accept to be bound by the terms set out
below. The participation is voluntary and any purchase or transaction on the OLA Platform shall be deemed as acceptance of the
terms and conditions mentioned herein. These General Offer Terms along with any other offer specific terms as may be issued by
OLA from time to time shall constitute the entire understanding between OLA and You and these General Offer Terms shall supersede
any other offer specific terms in the event of conflict unless such offer specific terms expressly supersede these General
- The offer is valid ONLY on OLA Mobile Application and can be availed on cab Services and shall not be applicable to the
black and yellow taxi (Kaali Peeli), Taxi for Sure cabs unless expressly communicated by OLA otherwise.
- The taxi/cabs services (“Services”) provided by third parties on the OLA mobile application (“OLA Platform”) shall be the
responsibility of the third party providing the Services and all claims shall be against that third party (“Service Provider”)
providing the service to which the offer applies.
Offers shall not be clubbed with other Offers as a matter of OLA’s policy.
You shall become ineligible to participate in this Offer if You are barred from using services of OLA during Offer Period.
OLA reserves the right to disqualify any Customer from the benefits of the Campaign/Offer, if any fraudulent activity is
identified as being carried out by the Customer for the purpose of availing the benefits under the Campaign/Offer or otherwise
by use of the service.
OLA disclaims all warranties, conditions or statements, whether express, implied or statutory, including, without limitation,
the implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, quality and / or fitness for the products or services included in this
Offer, the Services or for any other purpose.
- Pictures of products shown in the communication sent to the Customer either through mailers or advertised on OLA
website, are for representation purposes only and may not bear a resemblance to the actual Services provided by the
relevant Service Provider. OLA shall under no circumstances be responsible towards the same.
Services offered under this program are subject to availability from the respective Service Provider in relevant
geographical location and in no circumstances OLA shall be liable for non-availability of any of the Services.
Under no circumstance will the Offer/Discount being offered under this Program be settled or exchanged in cash
or through OLA Money.
All liability with respect to the Services availed lies solely with the respective Service Provider.
OLA or the Service Provider shall not be liable for any indirect or speculative or consequential or penal damages,
including, but not limited to, any loss of use, loss of data and loss of income or profits, irrespective of whether
it had an advance notice of the possibility of any such damages. Notwithstanding anything contained in this General
Offer Terms, the total liability of OLA and the Service Provider, shall not, in any circumstances, exceed the
Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only), irrespective of the nature of the claim which results in such liability and
whether based on contract or tort or any other theory of law.
The Offer shall be subject to usual force majeure events.
OLA may at its sole discretion refuse, deny, discontinue, withdraw and terminate the Offer at any time during the Offer
Period without assigning any reasons whatsoever and without any prior notice to You.
All disputes shall be settled amicably, on failure to do so within 30 (Thirty) days, such disputes shall be resolved by
a sole arbitrator appointed by mutual agreement of the parties. The proceedings of the arbitration shall be conducted in
accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Conciliation Act, 1996 and the seat of arbitration shall be Bengaluru, India.
Subject to the aforesaid, these General Offer Terms read with the offer specific terms shall be governed by the laws of India
and the courts in Bangalore, Karnataka shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction.
Terms and Conditions for Merchants
By accepting the terms and conditions of ANI Technologies Private Limited (“ANI”) provided hereunder, and by registering on ANI’s mobile application/ website (https://www.olacabs.com) , You/user hereby explicitly and simultaneously choose to create an ‘OlaMoney Powered by Zipcash’ wallet account with Zipcash Card Services Private Limited (“Zipcash”), which is subject to the applicable terms and conditions of Zipcash available through the above link (“Zipcash T&Cs”). You hereby also accept and agree to be bound by the Zipcash T&Cs at all times.
The customer agrees and acknowledges that the use of the Mobile App/Website is at the sole risk of the
customer and that Company disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or
implied as to condition, suitability, quality and fitness for any purposes are excluded to the fullest
extent permitted by law.
The information contained in this Website / Application is for general information purposes only.
The information is provided by Ola and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct,
we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness,
accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information,
products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or
consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arise
out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Ola.
We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links
does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the Website / Application up and running smoothly. However,
Ola takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the Website / Application being temporarily
unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- “Co-branded Services” shall have the meaning assigned to the term in paragraph 4(c) hereto.
- “Device” shall mean computer, mobile or other device used to access the Services.
- “Device Identifier” shall mean IP address or other unique identifier for the Device.
- “Mobile Application” shall mean application provided by us on the Device to access the Services.
- “Mobile Device Information” shall have the meaning assigned to the term in paragraph 2(d)(ii) hereto.
- “Promotion” shall mean any contest and other promotions offered by us.
- “Protected Information” shall mean such categories of information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, including your name, e-mail address, and mobile number.
- “TFS” shall mean Serendipity InfoLabs Private Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956, and having its corporate office at 3rd Floor, Salarpuria Tower 2, No. 32, Luskur Hosur Road, Next to Forum Mall, Bangalore- 560095 which expression shall, unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof, be deemed to mean and include all our successors, affiliates and permitted assigns.
- “TPSP” shall mean a third party service provider.
- “Usage Information” shall have the meaning assigned to the term in paragraph 2(b)(i) hereto.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We may ask you to provide us with certain Protected Information. We may collect this information through various means and in various places through the Services, including account registration forms, contact us forms, or when you otherwise interact with us. When you sign up to use the Services, you create a user profile. We shall ask you to provide only such Protected Information which is for lawful purpose connected with our Services and necessary to be collected by us for such purpose.
The current data fields that might be requested for are:
- Mobile phone Number
- Zip Code
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AS YOU ACCESS AND USE OUR SERVICES
- In addition to any Protected Information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our TPSP may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may include the browser that you are using, the URL that referred you to our Services, all of the areas within our Services that you visit, and the time of day, among other information. In addition, we collect your Device Identifier for your Device. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Services, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier.
- In case of booking via call centre, Ola may record calls for quality and training purposes.
- In addition, tracking information is collected as you navigate through our Services, including, but not limited to geographic areas. The driver’s mobile phone will send your GPS coordinates, during the ride, to our servers. Most GPS enabled mobile devices can define one’s location to within 50 feet.
INFORMATION THIRD PARTIES PROVIDE ABOUT YOU
We may, from time to time, supplement the information we collect about you through our website or Mobile Application or Services with outside records from third parties.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY MOBILE APPLICATIONS
- Our Services are primarily provided through the Mobile Application. We may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to, technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to such Mobile Applications.
- When you use any of our Mobile Applications, the Mobile Application may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device (“Mobile Device Information”), in addition to the Device Information, including without limitation:
- Your preferred language and country site (if applicable)
- The manufacturer and model of your mobile device
- Your mobile operating system
- The type of mobile internet browsers you are using
- Your geolocation
- Information about how you interact with the Mobile Application and any of our web sites to which the Mobile Application links, such as how many times you use a specific part of the Mobile Application over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the Mobile Application, how often you use the Mobile Application, actions you take in the Mobile Application and how you engage with the Mobile Application
- Information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the Mobile Application
- USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Our primary goal in collecting your information is to provide you with an enhanced experience when using the Services. We use your information to closely monitor which features of the Services are used most, to allow you to view your trip history, rate trips, and to determine which features we need to focus on improving, including usage patterns and geographic locations to determine where we should offer or focus services, features and/or resources.
- Based upon the Protected Information you provide us when registering for an account, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password.
- We use the information collected from our Mobile Application so that we are able to serve you the correct app version depending on your device type, for troubleshooting and in some cases, marketing purposes.
- We use your Internet Protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with our computer server, and to administer our web site(s). Your IP address is used to help identify you, but contains no personal information about you.
- We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Services are temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- We provide some of your Protected Information (such as your name, pick up address, contact number) to the driver who accepts your request for transportation so that the driver may contact and find you. The companies for which drivers work (that are providing the transportation service) are also able to access your Protected Information, including your geo-location data.
- We also provide your information to the other users who shall be travelling with you in the vehicle assigned to you, should you choose any pooled vehicle feature of our Services.
- We use that geo-location information for various purposes, including for you to be able to view the drivers in your area that are close to your location, for you to set your pick up location, for the drivers to identify the pick up location, to send you promotions and offers, and to allow you (if you choose through any features we may provide) to share this information with other people.
- We may share the information collected from you with TFS if you choose to avail of any transportation services offered by TFS on the Mobile Application.
- We may use the information collected from you for targeted advertising. This involves using information collected on an individual's web or mobile browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which advertisements should be displayed to a particular individual on websites other than our web site(s). The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number.
- HOW AND WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
(a) WHEN YOU AGREE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES.
(b) THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING SERVICES ON OUR BEHALF
We use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, provide or perform certain aspects of the Services on our behalf – such as drivers and companies they work for to provide the Services, other third parties including TFS to host the Services, design and/or operate the Services’ features, track the Services’ analytics, process payments, engage in anti-fraud and security measures, provide customer support, provide geo-location information to our drivers, enable us to send you special offers, host our job application form, perform technical services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services‘ features), or perform other administrative services. These third parties will have access to user information, including Protected Information to only carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Each of these third parties including TFS are required to ensure the same level of data protection as us and are obligated not to disclose or use Protected Information for any other purpose.
Analytics TPSPs may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including non-personally identifiable information.
(c) CO-BRANDED SERVICES.
Certain aspects of the Services may be provided to you in association with third parties (“Co-Branded Services”) such as sponsors and charities, and may require you to disclose Protected Information to them. Such Co-Branded Services will identify the third party. If you elect to register for products and/or services through the Co-Branded Services, you shall have deemed to consent to providing your information to both us and the third party. Further, if you sign-in to a Co-Branded Service with a username and password obtained through our Services, your Protected Information may be disclosed to the identified third parties for that Co-Branded Service and will be subject to their posted privacy policies.
(d) CONTESTS AND PROMOTIONS
We may offer Promotions through the Services that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, you agree that your Protected Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
(e) ADMINISTRATIVE AND LEGAL REASONS
We cooperate with Government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Protected Information, IP address, Device Information or geo-location data), to Government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we reasonably determine is necessary and appropriate: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, Governmental requests or legal process; (ii) to protect and/or defend the Terms and Conditions for online and mobile Services or other policies applicable to any online and mobile Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Company, our Services or any third party; (iv) to protect the safety of the public for any reason; (v) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and /or (vi) to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity.
(f) WHEN YOU SHARE INFORMATION
(g) BUSINESS TRANSFER
We may share your information, including your Protected Information and Usage Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Services or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The Services may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect website usage information and your Device Identifier when web pages from any online or mobile Services are served to your browser. In addition, when you are using the Services, you may be directed to other sites or applications that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any of these third parties. For example, if you click on a banner advertisement, the click may take you away from one of our websites onto a different web site. These other web sites may send their own cookies to you, independently collect data or solicit Protected Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We encourage you to note when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of all third party web sites or applications before submitting any Protected Information to third parties.
- SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
- INFORMATION COLLECTED BY DRIVERS
- CHANGE OF INFORMATION AND CANCELLATION OF ACCOUNT
(a) You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your Protected Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through through email address mentioned on our website or Mobile Application. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
(b) You may also cancel or modify your communications that you have elected to receive from the Services by following the instructions contained within an e-mail or by logging into your user account and changing your communication preferences.
(c) If upon modifying or changing the information earlier provided to Us, we find it difficult to permit access to our Services to you due to insufficiency/ inaccuracy of the information, we may, in our sole discretion terminate your access to the Services by providing you a written notice to this effect on your registered email id.
(d) If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us through through email address mentioned on the trip bill received. We will retain your Protected Information and Usage Information (including geo-location) for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you services. Even after your account is terminated, we will retain your Protected Information and Usage Information (including geo-location, trip history, and transaction history) as needed to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, conclude any activities related to cancellation of an account, investigate or prevent fraud and other inappropriate activity, to enforce our agreements, and for other business reason. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
The Protected Information and Usage Information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any information you transmit to the Company you do at your own risk. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
- GRIEVANCE OFFICER
Referral Scheme T&C